GoDaddy Webmail is one of the many services provided by GoDaddy, an elite web solutions company with millions of clients all over the world. Though the company is more renowned for web hosting and domain name registration, its webmail service targets individuals and organizations that seek professional email addresses either for themselves or for their businesses (or both).
If you are a business startup, subscribing to email services from web hosting services such as GoDaddy webmail will be very ideal. This is because using your domain name as part of your email address gives it an attractive and professional outlook that can help convince potential clients.
What is GoDaddy Webmail?
GoDaddy Webmail is an email service that enables people to send and receive emails through a web browser instead of an email client. Every email transits through the internet and can be stored on servers until it is deleted. These servers are operated by email providers (e.g., Gmail), internet service providers (e.g., Verizon), and web hosting providers (e.g., GoDaddy).
How GoDaddy Webmail Works
Like in all other webmail services, if you wish to access your email via GoDaddy webmail, you must first connect to the internet and then sign in to your account. Once you sign in, you’ll gain direct access to GoDaddy webmail servers and hence be able to send and receive messages from all over the world.
GoDaddy webmail has a partnership with Microsoft that enables users to subscribe to Microsoft 365 from the GoDaddy website. Through it, subscribers can access their email through GoDaddy webmail as well as set up with an email client such as Outlook or Mail for Mac.
Also, subscribers to Microsoft 365 on GoDaddy webmail will have the privilege of being able to access their email through a personalized sign-in portal, apart from the other sign in pages. To access your Microsoft 365 webmail this way, navigate to your personal sign in portal and enter your email with the following format:
So if your email domain is techgiant.com, your webmail sign-in page will be email.techgiant.com.
How to Create a GoDaddy webmail Account
Before proceeding to create a GoDaddy webmail account, you must have earlier created a client account and also have a domain name. If this is not the case, creating a client account first will be helpful since it will make the setup process less complex. Setting up your GoDaddy webmail account requires that you go to the “Workplace Control Center” section of your client account.
The steps are enumerated below.
- Sign in to your Workspace Control Center with your GoDaddy username and password
- Click on “Create” at the top of the “Email Address list”
- Check the box beside “Email”, and then provide your Email Address name and domain
- Enter your password and then confirm it below
- Click on “Create”
- After a few minutes, you’ll receive a confirmation email notifying you that the setup is complete and that you can now enjoy your email account.
How to Add a Recovery Email Address in GoDaddy Webmail
Users who are new to the Workspace Control Center can add a recovery email on their first sign-in to Webmail. Older Workspace users can also add or update their recovery email through the Workspace.
For new Workspace Webmail users:
- In Webmail, enter your Workspace email address, password and click on “Sign in”
- On the “Secure your account” page, enter your “Recovery email” address
- Click “Save & Continue”. Your Webmail inbox will launch afterward
For Old Workspace Email users:
- Enter your GoDaddy username and password at the Workspace Control Center page and click on “Sign in”
- Click on “Edit” (denoted by a pencil icon) within the “Email Address list”
- Provide your “Recovery Email” and click on “Save”
How to Access Your Email in GoDaddy Webmail
- Navigate to Webmail and enter your “Email address” and “Password”
- Click on “Sign In” to access your inbox
How to Add Your GoDaddy Email to a Mobile Device (Android)
Adding your Workspace Email account to Gmail on your Android device enables you to send and receive emails through your phone.
Here are the steps needed:
- Launch your Android Gmail
- Tap “Add an email address” if you are new to Gmail
- If you already operate a Gmail account, tap your profile and “Add another account”
- Tap “Other” under “Set up email”
- Enter your GoDaddy Workspace Email address and tap “Next”
- Select “Personal IMAP” as your account type. (Personal POP can also work but IMAP is preferred)
- Provide your password and tap “Next”
- Use “imap.secureserver.net” for the “Incoming server settings” and tap “Next”
- Use “smtpout.secureserver.net” for the “Outgoing server settings” and tap “Next”
- Select your “Account options” and tap “Next”
- Provide your “Account name” and “Your name” (the name those you send emails will see). Tap “Next” to complete setup and go back to your inbox
- GoDaddy email is now installed on your Android device and ready for use!
How to Send Email From GoDaddy Webmail
After setting up your email account you then have to “test” the account’s ability to send and receive messages from any device of your choice and Webmail.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Sign in to Webmail with your email address and password.
- Click on “Compose” to write a new email,
- Enter your Workspace email address (or a personal email address) into the “To”
- Enter the word “Test” in the “Subject” field as well as in the body of the email message.
- Click on “Send”
- After a few minutes, check your email on your phone or computer. If the mail has arrived, open it and select “Reply”
- Enter “Test” response” into the body of the email message and click on “Send”
- Shortly after sending, your email response will arrive in your Webmail inbox. This implies that your email is set up and ready for use.
After setting up your Android email account you can now:
- add contacts
- set up your calendar
- create an email signature
- create an auto-reply
Though GoDaddy is one of the world’s top web solutions companies, there are other companies that also provide quality email and other services. One such company is TurboCloud Hosting, an Arizona-based web solutions provider. TurboCloud Hosting has the best email plans for every need. Whether you need only ten or fifty gigabytes of storage space, they’ve got you covered. The best part? With the TurboCloud wizard, even newbie domain owners can set up their professional emails in a jiffy. No need to procrastinate. Subscribe to TurboCloud now to optimize your internet experience!